Thursday, October 30, 2008

Got ADD?




I got a request to post this announcement from inventor Pal Mahal in Connecticut.

I don’t know whether he’s crazy or enlightened. Pal calls his own sanity into question. Here’s how his e-mail to me started:

“Even at the risk of sounding like an everyday garden variety crackpot, I think the prevailing paradigm of science & reality is no longer defensible.”

I asked Pal to clarify. Here’s his follow-up:

“The prevailing powerful paradigm of science instead of bringing us closer to reality is taking us away from reality.”

Not sure what to make of that. In any case, the Futurists and Inventors group meeting is 3 pm, Nov. 8, 7 Woonsocket Ave., Shelton, Conn., 06484. For more info, contact PAL@OurPal.com, 1-203-924-9538 or Fax 1-203-924-9956.

I can’t make the meeting. But Pal’s request reminded me of a story idea we’ve kicked around here. Is it just us, or do a lot of inventors have attention deficit disorder (ADD)? Is that something we should write about?

No comments: