Monday, December 22, 2008

Cranky During Christmas


Must be something in the water, but some folks seem really cranky lately.

Last week I received an e-mail from an angry fellow who took umbrage with the recent announcement about our new redesign.

I mentioned global warming in that notice, and that lit his fuse.

He cited a Fox News report indicating press reports about global warming amounted to uninformed hysteria.

“What a bunch of blind mice your really are at ID! I’ll be cancelling my subscription.”

Ouch, dude.

I wrote him back, saying I don’t think there’s any debate whether the planet is actually warming – it’s heated and cooled many times over the eons. The debate is whether this warming cycle is caused by human-produced CO2.

I haven’t heard back, but I wished him a Merry Christmas anyway.

Another subscriber sent me a link to an interesting British film debunking human-caused global warming.

And then I saw this story today about an inventor who purportedly has invented some system that would cool the planet.

I don’t know that we want to be proactively tinkering with this kind of thing. Nonetheless, when it comes to this issue, I’ll be sure to keep my eyes open.

No comments: