Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Thank You, Providence

We returned from the final Season Three casting call for Everyday Edisons safe and sound. It was great meeting all of you last weekend. I always come away from these things with a great sense of uplift. A special shout out to Ron Komorowski, a New Jersey inventor who helped me at the Inventors Digest booth. He’s a great evangelist for the magazine and inventors.
You should check out the forum at Edison Nation to see what attendees are saying about the event.

Providence provided a mother lode of potential products for commercialization, I'm told.

What amazed me was how far some of the attendees trekked. There was one guy from Oregon!
Although I didn’t get a lot of time to take in the sights of Providence, some colleagues and I enjoyed a 4-hour walking tour of downtown Boston. ID Assistant Editor Mary Dickson (pictured) graduated from Boston University. She gave us an insider’s look at her college town. My favorites: Fenway Park (natch), where I persuaded some union guy to allow my bud Arcadio inside to take a quick picture, and the Granary Cemetery, where some of our country’s Founding Fathers and Mother Goose are buried.

I’ve got some exciting news about some major media attention coming our way. Stay tuned ….

No comments: